Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

The virtual world of social media Options
Hasbula
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2022 3:50:22 PM

In November 2019 , I had to deactivate my Facebook account .. it wasn't the first time.. I do this a lot.. I take breaks. And I'll be back in a few weeks.. I just liked being immune... prove to yourself and many other people that Facebook addiction is treatable.
However, this time I had to go to extreme measures.. I wanted to stay away from Facebook for a whole year.. I only returned in November 2020.. And since then, I will never be the same Facebook user I was from 2011 to 2019. I rarely use it now, and when I say it, I really mean it.. In November 2019, I had to break off friendships with everyone to force myself to stay away from facebook.. I explained this to all my friends and told them I had to do it..
when I reactivated my account in November 2020, I started sending friend requests.. but not all of them .. I used to have over 100 friends.. I'm only twenty now.. and I noticed that my life is much better without Facebook.. even after returning, he does not attract me.
Note.. I'm not asking everyone to do the same as me.. I don't consider myself a role model... because we are individual and different from each other... each of us has to do what he thinks is good for him or her..
I just wanted to share this as an experience and news.
mirabellanavejar
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2022 11:53:22 PM

you are a great fellow, I admire your action and am very glad that everything is fine with you
albertineswell
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2022 11:58:51 PM

I admire your endurance, and it's very cool nowadays. I think that you should not be upset because some people do not want to establish communication with you; real friends have been in touch with you for the whole year without Facebook. I had the same dependence on Instagram until I took a break and started running a business account only. It really helped, as I began to approach it as a job, even promoting an account with megafamous.com to attract more customers.