Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics |

HEM, PT3 or Holdem Profiler / Super HUD? Options
Licentia
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 7:22:19 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm really torn right now about which HUD to use. I have used up my free trial here and so now I need to decide. After using Hold'em Profiler I am convinced that not having a HUD is major -EV, so I need something.

I would like people here to share their opinions on this topic. Have you bought service from Hold'em Profiler? Why did you choose Hold'em Profiler over the competition?

I don't have time right now to say anymore but I will be back to add more fuel to the discussion.
Licentia
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 8:38:34 PM

One thing that I really like about Hold'em Profiler (and I have been suggesting it's use at 2+2) is that you can log on from any computer to check your stats. That's great for me because I dual-boot Windows and Ubuntu. I play Poker in Windows but do everything else in Ubuntu.

I'm so torn...

I wasn't impressed with how the stats appeared on the tables with HEM. I had to fiddle around for 15-30 minutes to make it usable after spending 1-1.5 hours installing the dang thing. I also find it somewhat sluggish on my netbook. Surprisingly Hold'em Profiler is fast but the connection I am on now is really top-notch.

HEM is the most popular by far. When anyone asks at 2+2 or any other forum which HUD they should use they get bombarded with answers to use HEM.

What really put me off though about Hold'em Profiler (Hence forth known as HEP, for short) is the poor support I have seen in these forums. My questions about rake were finally answered and the feature was added. Others have complained about poor support also. People rave about HEM's support. I guess because HEM is so popular they can afford to pay someone min-wage to hang out in the forums all day.

Argh... It's like my continuous mental anguish over playing FL or NL. I know NL is the way to go but I keep questioning my choice. I know that whichever I choose - HEM or HEP, I will keep questioning my choice afterwards for some time.
Craig McKain
#3 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 1:12:22 AM

Licentia wrote:
One thing that I really like about Hold'em Profiler (and I have been suggesting it's use at 2+2) is that you can log on from any computer to check your stats. That's great for me because I dual-boot Windows and Ubuntu. I play Poker in Windows but do everything else in Ubuntu.

I'm so torn...

I wasn't impressed with how the stats appeared on the tables with HEM. I had to fiddle around for 15-30 minutes to make it usable after spending 1-1.5 hours installing the dang thing. I also find it somewhat sluggish on my netbook. Surprisingly Hold'em Profiler is fast but the connection I am on now is really top-notch.

HEM is the most popular by far. When anyone asks at 2+2 or any other forum which HUD they should use they get bombarded with answers to use HEM.

What really put me off though about Hold'em Profiler (Hence forth known as HEP, for short) is the poor support I have seen in these forums. My questions about rake were finally answered and the feature was added. Others have complained about poor support also. People rave about HEM's support. I guess because HEM is so popular they can afford to pay someone min-wage to hang out in the forums all day.

Argh... It's like my continuous mental anguish over playing FL or NL. I know NL is the way to go but I keep questioning my choice. I know that whichever I choose - HEM or HEP, I will keep questioning my choice afterwards for some time.

Craig McKain
#4 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 1:14:46 AM

Sorry about that,it's my newbie-ness coming to the fore.I currently am facing the same dilemma re HEM etc,any input will be appreciatedCursing
len
#5 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 8:28:11 PM

Licentia,
Just a quick clarification - are you having issues with displaying data while using HEM along with HEP?
Len